At The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis Campus, we believe that managing chronic care needs should be a convenient and simple process. That’s why we have partnered with CareHarmony to offer a Chronic Care Management program for Medicare beneficiaries living with two or more chronic conditions. Chronic Care Management is a care coordination program designed by Medicare to help you better manage your chronic conditions, receive support and access care, even from the comfort of your home. The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis Campus recommends all qualifying beneficiaries to enroll in this program.
Care Coordination Service
Our care coordination service is designed to help you take care of you! Through participation in the program, you will receive monthly phone calls from a dedicated Care Coordinator in between your scheduled appointments with your provider.
During the monthly call, your Care Coordinator will provide the following services:
- Assist in scheduling appointments, lab tests or other tests
- Explain how and when to take your medications
- Coordinate any home health or medical equipment needs
- Connect you with health education resources, services and programs
- Identify available community resources
- Coordinate follow-up care after you leave the hospital
- Access other support services you may need to stay well
There is also a 24/7 Care Coordinator phone line to help answer any questions you may have. To use the help line, call 785-379-3020.
Cost and Coverage
This service is covered by Medicare and is subject to your annual deductible and coinsurance (usually 20%). If you have a secondary or supplemental insurance plan, your coinsurance may be covered. Please call your insurance representative for more information.
To enroll in the program or for questions, please call 785-379-3020.