As part of the Medical Weight Loss Program at The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis Campus, you will be empowered to achieve optimal wellness, because we recognize losing weight is more than just a diet. In treating men, women and adolescents, our goal is to provide a comprehensive and holistic approach to weight loss by utilizing a five-pillar program that includes nutrition, movement, self-awareness, medication and education. Our weight loss program also includes recreation therapy services to help you achieve your goals through the use of individualized assessments, planned activities and evaluations all designed to treat the entire person - mind, body and soul.
We treat the following conditions:
• Overweight - BMI greater than 25, but less than 30
• Obesity - BMI greater than 30
• Insulin resistance - metabolic disease associated with excess weight and elevated blood sugars as a result of elevated insulin levels
• Pre-pregnancy weight loss - to assist in fertility
• Postpartum weight loss - reduce weight after giving birth
• Pre-bariatric surgery - provide monthly physician-managed weight loss program and assist in navigating insurance requirements for weight loss surgery
• Post-bariatric surgery - optimize weight loss after surgery, assist with weight loss plateau and prevent and treat weight re-gain
The Medical Weight Loss Program is available by appointment only. If you are a first-time patient, please call 785-295-8877
to request an appointment.